Thursday, April 26, 2007

Take your kids to work day update!

Travis and I are off to Argentina tomorrow for the WRC round in Cordoba and Villa Carlos Paz. Rally Argentina should prove to be fun as the roads are rough and the field in Group N is very deep. Niall McShea will be there, as will young Swedish hotshot Patrik Flodin. Both guys we're looking forward to running against! The weather in Argentina has been unseasonably warm, so here's hoping that continues.

After Mexico, Travis and I went to the Vermont SportsCar shop to do a few tech days. We are now pretty handy at changing a TCA, tie-rod, or lateral link, as well as diagnosing odd noises. Not much use practicing changing other suspension parts than the above since it can't be done in under 30 minutes with the tools carried in the car. (If you are more than 30 minutes late for a control in a rally, you're excluded.)

Last weekend, we ran at the Oregon Trail Rally in Portland, OR. Unfortunately, we had a motor issue and were forced to retire after only 1.1 miles, which was a bit of a disappointment. But it was the first mechanical retirement we've ever had as a team so we aren't allowed to whine too much. Ken and Alex had a better weekend, grabbing second place and the championship lead.

This past week, I've been preparing recce plans for Argentina. On Tuesday night, I dropped in on the premiere of the new DC driving shoes in SoHo. Ken, Travis, and Rob Dyrdek were signing autographs. I was drinking (free) Amstel. I am ok with this division of labor.

Ok, with that, I'm signing off for now and doing some vacuuming. Then packing and off to South America. Many thanks to Billy Deakins and the whole crew at Alpinestars for all their help this week! And to Brian Scotto for showing me how much fun Long Island can really be. If you haven't been to 0-60mag.com yet, I'm not sure we can be friends any longer. Seriously.

Will try to send the next dispatch from the land of the clockwise flush!

3 comments:

gloriafanbud8subaru199 said...

Hello Christian! Great to hear from you again. Too bad about Oregon, but I'm sure you guys are pretty excited for Argentina. Good luck and I hope you guys enjoy Argentina, I'm sure it's beautiful down there. Good luck with the vacuuming...oh and with Rally Argentina! :D

"...the land of the clockwise flush!" - I still want to know how that happens, lol, one of the great mysteries of the world I guess.

Arlene said...

Good luck next weekend -- I really do wish all of the best for you and the entire team.

Unknown said...

Hi Christian,

Just wanted to check in and thank you and Ken for stopping by Long Island and spending some time with everyone last week.

Good luck with the rally and hope you, Ken and Travis enjoy the mud flaps!

Team Rallyarmor.com